Friday 17 March 2017

Get Out

On Monday I had the pleasure of attending the private screening for the new movie ‘Get Out’ starring the very talented Daniel Kayuula (also known for his role in Johnny British Reborn) and Allison Williams (one of my favourite ladies from the hit HBO show Girls) 


From the get go the movie creates a mysterious ambience when a guy is walking down an empty suburban street and a car slowly pulls up next to him. That's the moment I knew this film was going to have me on the edge of my seat. I love the way the  director/writer Jordan Peele didn't waste anytime is setting up this unsettling feeling right from the beginning. This is Mr Peele's first movie as a director because as some of you may or may not know he is also an actor/comedian (know for the film Keanu and the show Key and Peele). 

As I sat watching  the film in a very packed out screening and I make note to highlight ‘very’ because it was so full some of us had to sit on the stairs just to watch the movie as there was no more seats available (that's what I get for running late). Also speaking on how highly respected Daniel is because majority of the audience was in participation just to see the film and support him. Although he couldn't personally attend as he's very busy in America on a press tour he did film a little video for everyone attending. Thanking all for coming down  stating he wanted his friends and people around him to watch the movie and enjoy. I felt a bit  little special although I know he wasn't referring to me as we don't personal know each other lol. I'm assuming he was speaking about some of the famous faces I recognised in the audience (Jonathan Ross, Krept and Konan, Daniel Sturridge, Stefflon Don) just to name a few. 



Get out is one of the films that will have you screaming get out through out, well it had me like this anyway. Actually it had majority of audience being very vocal with their reactions lol, I secretly was annoyed because I missed out on little pieces here and there. It's ok though because I'm going to watch it again with my girls on Sunday as I enjoyed it that much. Guys it really is a must SEE!!!!!!!!! 

Get Out is out in the cinemas today all over the U.K. 
 
Come back and check out my blog to see what other cool events I will attend this year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment